E.P.T.C Next Generation

Hello, you are currently viewing this forum as a guest. Please sign up if you are new to the site, or log in if you have an account here already. Signing up allows you to view and talk in our chat box, post on nearly any topic, and cast your vote in the site polls.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

E.P.T.C Next Generation

Hello, you are currently viewing this forum as a guest. Please sign up if you are new to the site, or log in if you have an account here already. Signing up allows you to view and talk in our chat box, post on nearly any topic, and cast your vote in the site polls.

E.P.T.C Next Generation

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E.P.T.C Next Generation

TBA

Latest topics

» Last one to Post Wins!
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 12:08 pm by Z-man

» Didn't realize this was still around
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 12:07 pm by Z-man

» Serious Attempt At Site Revival?
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptySat Oct 29, 2022 4:16 am by Stardust121

» Story Game
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 am by Z-man

» The last year...
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 1:57 am by Mark

» Stardust121's random whatever-drawings, pixel stuff,etc.
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptyMon Dec 02, 2019 6:21 pm by Stardust121

» Stardust121's Sprites,Splices, and Pixel Art
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptyMon Nov 04, 2019 5:08 pm by Stardust121

» Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 1:16 pm by Pieguy

» Ben's Showcase of Art and Things
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 8:56 pm by Z-man

» pure smex
How Would You Rate B/W? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 2:45 pm by Ben

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 333 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Top posting users this month

No user

Badge Listings

Leader: Raltz

Eeveelution Badge (Evo Badge)
Wins: 0 / Losses: 0 / Draws: 0

-----------------------------------------

Leader: Z-man

Verdure Badge
Wins: 0 / Losses: 0 / Draws: 0

4 posters

How Would You Rate B/W?

Poll

Rate B/W From 1 To 5

[ 5 ]
    How Would You Rate B/W? C4d11023%How Would You Rate B/W? C4d110 [23%] 
    [ 9 ]
    How Would You Rate B/W? C4d11041%How Would You Rate B/W? C4d110 [41%] 
    [ 4 ]
    How Would You Rate B/W? C4d11018%How Would You Rate B/W? C4d110 [18%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How Would You Rate B/W? C4d1100%How Would You Rate B/W? C4d110 [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How Would You Rate B/W? C4d1100%How Would You Rate B/W? C4d110 [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    How Would You Rate B/W? C4d11018%How Would You Rate B/W? C4d110 [18%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Poll closed
    Z-man
    Z-man
    Site Owner/Pokemon Gym Leader (Ret.)

How Would You Rate B/W? Empty How Would You Rate B/W?

Post by Z-man Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Pros:

-Sprites now move during battles
    -The camera pans as well, making battles seem realistic.
    -Tms can be infinitely used so you never run out
    -In-game scenery has been greatly improved
    -The Dream World adds out-of-game play, and allows old and new pokes alike to have new abilities.
    -Many new types of battles: Triple, Rotation, Launcher
    -Random Match Up finally allows players to battle in real time.
    -Many new and inovative moves and abilities
    -Improved play options for close by friends (Entralink)
    -"Rumble Spots" allow the player to ocassionly find a rare poke if walked on.
    -Interesting story line and characters.
    -The Eviolite item makes many previously unusable NFE pokemon viable in combat, yet when used on Dusclops, Chansey, Porygon2, produces an overpowered wall.

Cons:

-There is sometimes a short lag when entering or exiting a building / route.
    -A dissopointing amount of new pokes are ugly, uncreative, or poorly designed.
    -Critical Hits land more often, making defensive sets less viable.
    -The moves Dragon Tail and Circle Throw (attacks that force switches, similar to Whirlwind) make defensive sets even less viable (Taunt wont block either)
    -Many new pokemon are overpowered (ex: Darmanitan, Haxorus, etc), many abilities are too good (ex: Prankster), and alot of moves are just rediculous (ex: Shell Smash, High Jump Kick).
    -There is no Co-Op Battle Subway over Wi-Fi.
    -Back sprites appear pixilated in battle.
    -Good Items are hard to come by, as most are expensively sold at the Gear Station for Battle Points.
    -Many moves sound similar in battle (limited sound effects)
    -Pokemon must be on Level 100 in order to be usable in a 6 vs 6 Single Match; the standard "All Pokes To 50 / 100 Rule" only aplies to 3 vs 3.
    -Pokemon appear way to frequently in grass / caves / water, usually about every 3-5 steps, making travel pain-staking.

So theres the Pros and Cons (if i missed any let me know). Overall I'd give B/W a 3 or 4, it wasnt really what i hoped it'd be. but thats just my opinion, share yours!
    DARKRAICLONE
    DARKRAICLONE
    EPTC Brain
    EPTC Brain

How Would You Rate B/W? Empty Re: How Would You Rate B/W?

Post by DARKRAICLONE Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Well i've played pokemon black for awhile and there's alot of good thing and vary few bad things. The story was vary interesting and definitely different from what you expect from it especially when you compare it to the previous games. The game play is still good nuff said. Even though some people say that "All the new pokemon are ugly" well i have to disagree because even though a small few are ugly or stupid looking a large amount are vary well made such as Hydreigon, Zoroark, Krookodile, Golurk, Escavelier, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Genesect, Cofagrigas and heck even Haxorus is well made. The wi-fi battle thing is a problem though because they had to remove the lvl 50 and lvl 100 but the question is why? Whatever the reason we'll never know but they had no excuse to do so because if there wasn't a problem with it in the 4th gen game i'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem with it in 5th gen. Another downside is that when you use the Transfer Lab you can't transfer the items from 4th gen to 5th gen it was probably because they were afraid that people would try to transfer 4th gen Tm's over to the game and corrupt the data but me and random thought that they really should've added a filter that can read the items name and remove it if it's a Tm. My verdict this game is good but it needs some improvement but seeing that alot of great games usually have sequels that have noticeable flaws we can safely say Pokemon is definitely not the first to go through this so i give it a 8/10 for good effort
    Random
    Random
    Ninja
    Ninja

Post by Random Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Pros (for me atleast): New battle system, Animated stances and movement in battle, Story, Most new 5th gen pokes, Eviolite thumbs up, Dream World, and lastly, I think, Wifi options like free battling anyone anytime. Cons I think everyone hates: Opponents get too much crits ingame, more misses than usual, Japanese players D/Cing but thats non-relative to ingame XD, "Garbador", poketransfer (More specifically, like Dark said not being able to bring items), useless recolator (it just does the same thing as poketransfer but only for events), and like Z said short lag, especially in battles. I'd say its still a great game but lets to say Super Mario Bros. is the greatest game ever and it's so simple and this uses High-tech stuff but its no SMB so I give it like a 8.6 out of 10, .6 for effort.
    Stardust121
    Stardust121
    Forum Security/Support Admin
    Forum Security/Support Admin

Post by Stardust121 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 pm

I agree with most of these. Moving sprites, special grass patches, unlimited Tms and more are great. But i really don't like the eviolite. Sure, it boosts defenses. But thats means something like porygon2 will become much more common. Including double encounter grasses is also pretty cool.
    Masuda Method- i heard the chances got better for it, so great i guess.
    Transfering- 2ds's required, no pal-park. Meaning: if you only have 1ds, you cant bring over old pokes. That or you trade to someone, have them transfer, and trade back. Pretty long process :/

-We couldnt do wifi frontier on P/d, we had to wait untill the 3rd version. the same might be with B/W. Nothing to do but hope for a 3rd version
    Z-man
    Z-man

Post by Z-man Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 am

@Random: hahah i like how you put "garbodor" in quotes xD

@Star: yea we just have to wait until Gray version for that ._.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:49 am